UW Spotlight: Processing Returns after Black Friday and Pink Monday
You did it; you survived two of the biggest selling days of the year! Now comes the fun part of processing all the returns, right? With UnitWise, we make it easy for you to provide your customers the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee that Mary Kay is known for. So sit back and let us show you how it’s done.
Making a Return
Under the Customers tab on your UnitWise account, select Invoices from the drop-down menu.
This will show you a snapshot of your customer invoices, but to process a return, you’ll need to select create an Invoice for the products to be returned. After that just follow these simple instructions:
1. Enter the name of the Customer that is returning the product
2. Enter the products being returned
3. In Product Details, go to "Sale Type" and select "Return to MK" and click "Save".This will automatically create a credit for that customer to balance the previous invoice entered for the customer.
4. Go to "Inventory" and select "Replacement". You will notice a place for Products to be Returned. This is automatically entered based on the "Return to MK" invoice you just created. At the bottom, there is a place for Replacement Products
5. Enter the replacement products. Notice the "Retail Price" boxes. This will inform you if the difference of the products you're returning and the replacement products falls within the recommended $1.00 amount. You will need to confirm if that does.
6. Once you have entered the replacement products and are ready to continue, you have 2 selections available. You can "Print a Worksheet" and create a paper copy of this transaction or you can "Save & Create a Purchase Order". Once you save it will go to the Purchase Order area of UnitWise
Note: Be sure to include the Day Code before clicking "Save & Create Purchase Order"
7. Go to "Inventory" and select "Order from MK".
8. Click on "Confirm Order with Intouch" and once the products come in you will need to return to "Order from MK" and click on "Receive Products"
The replacement process will remove the products you're returning from your inventory and add the new products when you've received them. Click here to view the returning Product Video
Once you have documented the return of products, a Credit will be applied to the Customer's account. Create another Sales Receipt (Customer >> Sales Receipt>> Create Sales Receipt) and list the new products that the customer has received as part of the exchange and apply the payment from Credit.
Post a Comment