It’s the Most Important Meal of the Day Served up the UnitWise Way
“Everyone runs around trying to find a place where they still serve breakfast because eating breakfast, even if it's 5 o'clock in the afternoon, is a sign that the day has just begun and good things can still happen.”
– Jonathan Goldstein –
A recent UnitWise poll found that 75% of our beauty community eats breakfast every day, while 25% admitted to sometimes skipping the most important meal of the day. We’re happy to see that so many of our UnitWise users take time for themselves each morning by eating breakfast.
Eating breakfast each day is a great way to invest in yourself and your Mary Kay business. When you take the time to eat breakfast, you’re setting up your entire day for success! That means more energy for increased sales, parties, and facials.
We’ve determined that most UnitWise beauty consultants eat breakfast, but how many are choosing a healthy breakfast? It can be easy to make unhealthy choices, especially in the morning when you are tired and potentially running late. You want something quick and delicious and may not take the time to choose a healthier option.
There are a lot of benefits to eating a healthy breakfast. Here are just a few reasons why you should choose to eat a healthy breakfast each morning:
1. Balances Blood Sugar Levels: Eating in the morning helps your body avoid blood sugar fluctuations throughout the rest of the day. Try eating within two hours of waking up to avoid blood sugar fluctuations throughout the day.
Vegetables and greens, light proteins, and berries and fruit are great breakfast options that also help keep your blood sugar in check. What’s your favorite breakfast go-to?
2. Improves Mood: One of the worst feelings is leaving the house hungry, knowing that it will be hours before you can eat a meal. But perhaps even worse than walking around hungry all morning is walking around sluggish and void of energy. That’s what you risk when you choose an unhealthy breakfast over fresh fruit or eggs.
A nutritionally balanced breakfast will help you avoid feeling like a zombie all morning by supporting brain activity, controlling emotions, and improving your mood!
3. Boosts your Immune System: As a Mary Kay consultant, the last thing you want is to be sick. You’re too busy growing your team and promoting skincare to take a sick day!
Your immune system thrives off of vitamin A, vitamin C, and protein, nutrients that are abundant in classic breakfast foods. Here are some examples:
- Vitamin A: milk, eggs, tomatoes, greens, tangerines, watermelon, mango
- Vitamin C: citrus, bell peppers, strawberries, tomatoes
- Protein: eggs, milk, yogurt, cheese, granola (especially with nuts)
4. Promotes Heart Health: Skipping breakfast can cause unexpected, detrimental impacts on your cardiovascular health. For example, not eating when you wake up can cause you to be hungrier later on in the day. This may result in you eating larger portions and leave you vulnerable to making unhealthy decisions that you may not have made had you eaten breakfast.
Missing out on breakfast can also lead to an elevated heart rate, which will harm your cardiovascular health. It may even lead to high cholesterol levels, which has been linked to heart disease.
Enjoy these ideas for heart-happy breakfast foods:
- Avocado toast on whole-grain bread
- Oatmeal with nuts and berries
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Omelet with vegetables
- Yogurt parfait
- English muffin breakfast sandwich
5. Stimulates Brain Health and Cognition: When you’re hungry you tend to focus on how hungry you are, instead of everything you hope to accomplish for that day. Similarly, feeling sluggish or immobile from a big or unhealthy breakfast can leave you struggling to concentrate and focus.
Starting the day with a nutritious breakfast can help your body and mind avoid craving food for the rest of the day. This way you’ll be able to concentrate on what matters!
Starting your day with a healthy breakfast can help you feel better prepared for a weekend full of parties and facials. Tag us on Facebook so we can see what your go-to breakfast is before a busy weekend.