12 Summer Haircare Tips To Fight Frizz
Summer is coming, meaning we can expect days near the pool and playing on the beach. The excitement of spending more time outdoors and taking summer vacations is exhilarating, but amidst the summer joy, we can’t forget about our hair!
Outdoor activities like swimming and soaking up sun rays can really dry our hair and turn op the frizz, so before your summer activities get started refer to our summer care tips to have flawless beachy locks all season long.
1. Get a fresh cutFirst things first, out with the old and in with the new. Before The summer turns up to heat go to your stylist for a light trim. It’s time to remove dead ends to freshen up your hair. By removing the dead of winter you’ll notice how much healthier and more lively your hair seems for the growing season in spring and summer.
2. Turn up the moistureMake sure your hair gets properly moisturized to fight summer dryness. Look into moisturizing shampoos and conditioners. Consider deep conditioning your hair once or twice a week. You can also use hair masks to condition your hair and scalp. Check out products with mint or aloe vera for a refreshing and rejuvenating feeling. Avoid products like hairspray with alcohol in them that will dry your hair out.
3. Wash lessSummer isn’t the time to up your hair-washing game. The ocean and pools will strip the essential oils from your scalp and hair, and so will daily washing, leaving your hair and scalp too dry for comfort. Instead of washing your hair daily try using dry shampoo. Using dry shampoo before bed will help soak up excess oil.
4. Avoid adding more heatIt’s already hot enough in the summer, so avoid your heated hair tools. Avoid blow-drying your hair and straightening it as much as possible. If you absolutely have to blow dry your hair use a lower heat setting, or do it at night when the temperatures outdoors have cooled off.
5. Protect your hair from the sunProtect your hair and scalp when you’re outdoors. Wear a hat to protect your hair and scalp from the sun, or use hair care products with UV protection in them. When you have sunscreen on your hands run them through your hair to add moisture and protect it from the sun.
6. Presoak before the poolOne pre-swimming trick you can do is to either wet your hair or saturate it with a leave-in conditioner or a little neem before hitting the pool. This will help your hair absorb fewer chemicals from pool water and less salt from the ocean. It will feel softer and behave more as a result.
7. Keep your hair blonde, not greenWhat in the world will blondes do when they jump in the pool and come out with a green tint in their hair? The solution for them is simple, all blondes have to do is rinse their hair with a mixture of 1/4th a cup of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of water to restore their color.
8. Protect your colorThe sun and summer activities can dull your hair color if it’s dyed, so if you want to protect it be sure to get products for color-treated hair to protect your color from fading.
9. Pull your hair backGee whiz, how the summer makes hair frizz. Fight it by wearing your hair back in a braid, ponytail, or bun. Just make sure that your hair isn’t pulled back too tightly. By braiding your hair or wearing it up to bed you’ll actually create a flawless wavy beach look for the next day.
10. Check out anti-frizz productsSummer is the time to fight frizz with anti-frizz serums and creams. You could use an essential oil like argan oil but only use one little drop. In fact, less is more with all of these products to avoid weighing your hair down or making it look greasy.
11. Keep your hair out of your faceIf you’re out in the heat it’s best to have your hair back away from your face to prevent it from soaking up sweat. Use your sunglasses or a headband to keep your hair pack or simply put it up.
12. Take care of yourself.Be healthy and drink enough water to prevent dehydrating yourself and your hair. Also, load up on the fruits and veggies. All of the vitamins and nutrients like zinc, B vitamins, iron, calcium, and more will give your hair a lively boost.
Enjoy Summer, With Perfect Hair!
You’ve perfected your look all winter and spring long, so don’t let it fall through the cracks this summer. Have the perfect beach look for months with our simple hair care tips! Also, enjoy that summer vacation, we know you earned it!
For more beauty tips visit UnitWise.com and please share your summer hair care tips in the comment section below.
Post a Comment