The Most Inspiring Mary Kay Ash Quotes for Success
Mary Kay Ash was the founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics and is considered America’s greatest businesswoman. Born in 1918 in Hot Wells, Texas she grew up watching her mother work 14-hour days to support the family. Here she learned her “can-do” spirit! During her early working life she frequently fell victim to gender discrimination and was passed over for promotions and equal pay. Disgusted by this she realized that she had to create a successful business where woman would finally get equal pay and opportunities. Using her life savings she started Mary Kay, which now features more than 200 products and spans 37 countries, employing more than 3 million Independent Beauty Consultants. Below are some inspiring quotes from the woman who made it all happen.
The Most Inspiring Mary Kay Ash Quotes for Success1. Aerodynamically, the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know it so it goes on flying anyway.
2. Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.
3. The speed of the leader is the speed of the gang.
4. You can have anything in this world you want, if you want it badly enough and you’re willing to pay the price.
5. We must have a theme, a goal, a purpose in our lives. If you don’t know where you’re aiming, you don’t have a goal. My goal is to live my life in such a way that when I die, someone can say, “she cared.”
6. Give yourself something to work toward – constantly.
7. People fall forward to success.
8. A good goal is like a strenuous exercise – it makes you stretch.
9. For every failure, there’s an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour.
10. There are two things people want more than sex and money… recognition and praise.
11. Most people live and die with their music still unplayed. They never dare to try.
12. You cannot keep determined people from success. If you place stumbling blocks in their way, they will use them for stepping stones and climb to new heights.
13. Dare to risk public criticism.
14. Those who are blessed with the most talent don’t necessarily outperform everyone else. It’s the people with follow-through who excel.
15. Do you know that within your power lies every step you ever dreamed of stepping and within your power lies every joy you ever dreamed of seeing? Within yourself lies everything you ever dreamed of being. Become everything that God wants you to be. It is within your reach. Dare to grow into your dreams and claim this as your motto: Let it be me.
16. When you reach an obstacle, turn it into an opportunity. You have the choice. You can overcome and be a winner, or you can allow it to overcome you and be a loser. The choice is yours and yours alone. Refuse to throw in the towel. Go that extra mile that failures refuse to travel. It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure.
17. A strong beginning is a good thing only when coupled with a strong finish.
18. Think about it, no one can win a race in which he had given up. You can’t win a battle for which you have surrendered.
19. Over the years, I have observed that nearly all high achievers know how to make good of those 1440 minutes in each day.
20. We didn’t set the world on fire from the first day. Disappointments, setbacks and work created the company as it is today.
21. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
22. If you act enthusiastic, you will become enthusiastic. A mediocre mind that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one.
23. I was taught to put my best into anything I did and I can honestly say I’ve always done that. Still, there are many times when I failed, when I was disappointed.
24. An average person with average talents and average ambition can outstrip the most brilliant genius in our society; if that person has clear focused goals.
25. God didn’t have time to create a nobody, just a somebody. I believe that each of us has God-given talents within us waiting to be brought to fruition. Each person is unique and special.
Mary Kay Ash was truly an inspirational woman, and her story should be told more often. In a time when women were not given equal opportunities, she did the impossible because of her grit, determination, and devotion to God.
Use this determination as we come to the close of another MK business year and as we countdown the weeks until Seminar 2018.
For experienced beauty and sales advice click here and follow us on Facebook.
*Content found on the UnitWise blog is for informational purposes only. UnitWise is an independent business with no affiliation to Mary Kay®.