It's no Joke: TikTok can Help Grow your Mary Kay Business
TikTok has exploded in the last few years, changing the way businesses tackle their social media marketing all the while. What started as an entertaining diversion during the Pandemic has grown into one of the most influential social media platforms on the market.
If you have been looking for a way to expand your Mary Kay business to a new generation, TikTok may be the answer you’ve been looking for.
TikTok for Small Business
In just a 7-60 second video your business, your unit's accomplishments, and your passion for skincare can be shared with the world. It can be scary standing in front of a camera and sharing your business with a new audience, but if our years of serving the Mary Kay community have taught us anything it’s that Mary Kay consultants never back down from a challenge!
How to Start:
1. Set up your Account
Everything related to your business, from your business cards to your website, needs to be intentional. You want to take this attitude with you when you go to set up your TikTok account.
You will have the option to add a photo, bio, and include links.
Profile Picture: Make sure that your photo properly represents your Mary Kay business. Do you have any photos of you in front of your pink Cadillac or a photo of your unit from seminar? Use a photo that best represents your love for your Mary Kay business!
Bio: Don’t think too hard about this one! A strong bio is short, sweet, and to the point. You want your bio to be clear and concise so that people know who you are the second they reach your page.
Link: This is an easy one! Add a link that will take your new TikTok friends directly to your UnitWise website!
2. Understand the Platform
Tiktok is more than just dance challenges. There are a lot of unique niches, each with a dedicated audience. Finding your niche can be intimidating, especially as you scroll through a platform that may be completely new to you.
After making your account, spend time scrolling through and watching videos. Note that TikTok has an extremely elaborate algorithm. This means every time you like or share a video, watch the same video multiple times, or follow a video to a creator's page, TikTok is taking notes. The more you interact with a certain niche or kind of video, the more that video will pop up on your “For You Page.”
As you explore TikTok, follow accounts that you like. There are a plethora of makeup artists on TikTok, following a few that you enjoy can give you an idea of the content you might want to post.
3. Start Posting!
Don’t put too much pressure on yourself to create professional-quality level videos. Remember that the majority of TikTok’s users and creators are between the ages of 17 and 24.
TikTok will reward you more for posting real and people-focused videos, rather than polished, intricate content.
TikTok allows you to use filters, cool effects, and add in music so just have fun with it!
Become the “Tok” of the Town:
Taking on a new social media platform can be daunting. Here are some Hero Tips to help you get started:
- Get to the Point: A lot of TikTok’s appeal is that users can consume a large amount of entertaining and informative content in a short amount of time. When you only have 7-60 seconds, you want your call to action to be the very first thing people hear or see. Let them know why they have to keep watching or they’ll scroll right on by.
Think about the content you consume on a daily basis. You’re more likely to interact with an Instagram post than a long research article. The shorter the video is the more likely your audience is to watch it over and over. These views will help you perform better with TikTok’s algorithm.
- Interact with Other Creators: Commenting on other creators’ videos is the best way to get your page noticed. Users who see your comment may follow it to your page. Keep it positive, of course!
If someone comments on one of your videos, make sure you respond as quickly as possible. The more you interact with users on your posts, the more visibility your posts will get.
- Be Authentic: Make videos as a person, not a brand! TikTok is great because it doesn’t require expensive equipment or a degree in videography. Anyone can succeed on TikTok with a strong brand persona, consistent posting, and authenticity.
- Stay Trendy: TikTok trends are constantly changing. Stay ahead of trends by regularly visiting the “Discover Page.” Here, you’ll find popular hashtags, music, and trends that you can apply to your own content. Just make sure that you don’t stray too far from your brand’s persona in the process.
What does that mean for you? If you use a trending sound, TikTok is going to show your video to users who have watched or liked other videos with that sound.
You can control the volume of the music that plays in your video. If you are posting a video with a lot of talking, place a trending sound or song in the background, but turn the sound all the way down. This way users watching your video can still listen to you talking without getting distracted by the music, but the video will still be included with other videos containing that trending sound.
- Cross-Promote: After you make your first TikTok, make sure you post it on your other social media channels. This way your audience will know you’re on TikTok and may even give you a follow.
This is one of the best ways to increase interaction with your posts. When you post a TikTok on Facebook or Instagram your shares and views will automatically go up.
Use UnitWise’s “Email Marketing” feature to send out an email to your team and customers announcing your new TikTok page.
This is no April Fool’s Joke! It’s time you get connected to a new audience on TikTok. TikTok can help your Mary Kay business reach new levels this spring.
Social media is a great way to connect with other Mary Kay ladies and what better way to bond than with the same business management software ;). UnitWise can help you schedule posts and keep track of important updates and reminders.
Download TikTok today to get started. Tag us on Facebook so we can see you cross-promoting your TikToks!
Post a Comment